Saturday, July 03, 2010

The big tourists

July 4th is one of the biggest times in Park City for visitors. Lots of people with second homes show up for the gorgeous weather.

I was heading into CrossFit to work out when someone who just left popped back and said "hey, there's a big moose out back." Sure enough, a decent sized bull moose was wandering along the creek bed.



As luck would have it, I had my best camera in the car because I was going to shoot some pictures of work on a parade float. As crappy luck would have it, I had intentionally put my 10-24 mm wide angle lens on. So I ended up shooting these pictures with my tiny pocket camera.



He wandered over closer. The hill was steep enough that I wasn't worried about him running up after me. He was a lot more focused on munching bushes.



He really was pretty mellow about things. I would have hung around for more pictures, but I had to run back to my workout.



Certainly one of the more interesting visitors in town.

No comments: