Sunday, April 03, 2005

A big weekend

This weekend was an interesting one. On Thursday afternoon I got my new 80-400 lens for my Nikon D70. This paid off Friday afternoon when a group of three moose came down onto the hill behind our house. I was able to hustle out into the snow and get a few shots. Unfortunately, there were a lot of scrub trees between me and them.

My brother-in-law was in town for a GM-sponsored event. On Saturday, I got to join a group of about 35 people going over to Deer Valley's snow mobiling area. They have 13,000+ acres of ranch land they lease for the winter. It was a great ride and very scenic. Thanks to Marty and GM.

On Sunday I sat patiently with my new zoom lens and shot some pictures of the chipmunks that live out front. I have a lot to learn about getting great shots with this lens (or really with any lens), but some of them came out OK.

No comments: