Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sure, and would you like a crane with that?

While I was in Yellowstone, it appears I missed the excitement in home building. I have gone back and checked our architect's plans and I am certain there was no crane in the living room.

Either operator error or a jack malfunction occurred when lifting a very heavy truss in to support the living room's vaulted ceiling. Seems to have been a bit much. Fortunately, the crane operator and the four framers were all unharmed. It could have been much worse. It took two additional cranes and many hours to get everything back in place. Thank goodness Julie took pictures! She was outside playing with the dog when all this happened.






I think that this big crane boom would definitely ruin the view and mess up the deck.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Adrian, Mommy and Daddy said...

Holy Crap!!!

Gravity Sucks :-)

Sorry...hopefully not delayed much.