Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sundance - The People

As much as I enjoy photography, I did an embarrassing job of taking pictures during this Sundance. So many of the pictures in the theaters come out terrible. You are way back from the stage and the light is dim at best. I could do better if I would drag my big dSLR around, but I stick with the little pocket Canon.

First, and most important, are two of our house guests. Kathleen (closest) is Julie's cousin from Michigan. Patti is a close friend from North Carolina. Both were avid film watchers.



Isabella Rossellini was one of the actors in the miserable set of Shorts we saw. She did three one-minute pieces on how different bugs have sex. They were actually light entertainment.



Ray Ramano was at the showing of The Last Word. He seems like such a genuine, likable guy with an incredible sense of humor. It was a bit scary to learn in the Q&A that he has his shrink read through all his scripts for approval. Are all comedians troubled?



This is a crappy picture, but perhaps the most interesting star sighting. We were in a theater to watch the next movie when someone noticed that the guy sitting right in front of us was Quintin Terantino. Can't miss that forehead.



Melissa Leo, while not a huge star, was nice enough to pose.



I contrast this to Sandra Oh, who was in the same showing as Quintin. She was standing in the aisle and I walked up and asked her for a picture. She said "I don't do pictures, but thank you for asking." I was a wee bit disappointed (pissed), but then she asked me my name and shook my hand. That earned her points back.

Other sightings that I don't have pictures of (mostly because Julie saw them and I was at home):
  • Woody Harrelson
  • Paris Hilton
  • Elisabeth Shue
  • Tom Arnold
  • Sharon Stone
  • Danny Glover
  • David Boreanz
  • Alan Rickman
  • Mario Bello
  • William Hurt
  • Jimmy Fallon
  • Aaron Eckhart
  • Sean "P Diddy" Combs

No comments: