Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Updating Google Maps

I asked Google Maps for directions to one of the national parks I was visiting. It gave me an incorrect direction, routing me through a private, gated community. It was correct on the shortest route, but it was unavailable to most of us. I clicked on the link for problems with the path and followed the directions. About a month later, I got this:



Hi Steve,

Your Google Maps problem report has been reviewed, and you were right! We'll update the map soon and email you when you can see the change.


Report history
Problem ID: BD4F-2DBA-2BBD-230E

Your report: This is a private community. There is a gate house both at the bottom of McKinnley Gap Trail and at Deer Hollow Rd. The subdivision is called Deer Crest and they won't let anyone through unless you are a resident.
--
Thanks for your help,
The Google Maps team



Looks like they actually listen and fix things. Cool.

No comments: