Thursday, February 18, 2010

Skiing with the Fletcher family

I used to work with Jim Fletcher at IBM. He was one of the ones that managed to combine good work, no bureaucracy, and a lot of fun. We realized that it has now been almost 20 years since I left IBM. Wow!

Jim and his family came out to Park City to ski again this year. His injured wife went cross country skiing while the two kids joined Jim and I at PCMR. Hannah and Matt are either 10 and 11 or 11 and 12, I forget which.



Jim had knee surgery and wasn't thrilled about skiing the bumps. The kids were more than happy to ski anything and everything on the mountain, including a few double-black bowls and tree runs. No fear to be found. The strategy evolved to me taking the kids down something big and ugly, and Jim meeting us at the lift. His knee lived to fight another day.

Hannah got to spend some time hiking up and sliding down to reunite her boot with her ski. They didn't seem to want to stay together.



We had a great time and the kids made a huge improvement over their skiing the year before.

By the way, I hate the camera in my iPhone 3G. It really does take poor pictures. I had to edit them with Lightroom just to make them look this good (bad).

No comments: