Monday, April 28, 2014

I think someone did this intentionally

We have been having some nice spring weather out here in Park City.  For us, that tends to mean sunny and highs in the 60s.  We won't see many 70 degree days for a while yet.

This morning we woke to 4 inches of fresh snow.  Jasper was the only one happy.

Why do I say it was done intentionally?

  • This was the first day we had movers scheduled.  They weren't taking things to the condo yet, just some things to storage and some to a consignment shop.  They were scheduled to show up first thing in the morning.  Sure would have been nice if it had been an afternoon appointment.
  • We didn't want the movers trudging from the house, through the snow, back in the house, over and over again.  That meant that we needed to clear the driveway.  No worries!  My Honda snow blower can clear the driveway in minutes.
  • Did I mention that I sold the snow blower on Craigslist a few days ago?  SHIT!  No worries!  Knowing that it was going to snow, all we have to do is turn on the radiant snow melt system.
  • Did I mention that our wonderful forecasters said we would get less than an inch?  Therefore, I didn't turn on the snow melt. Doing it after the fact is pretty useless.
  • So, me and dog, out with a shovel, clearing out a lot of snow in a short amount of time.
  • Did I mention that my shovel broke?  
Well, for all the potentially easy answers, Jasper and I used my spare shovel and cleared the driveway in time for the movers to come.  They did a great job, and life (and moving) goes on.

Did I mention that Jasper was very, very happy about the snow....

No comments: