Friday, March 20, 2015

Putting my education to work

It was bad getting a Computer Science degree and then never writing any code for a living. I have done quality assurance, marketing, architecture and business development.  It is worse since I have retired.  I think most of my computer related tasks are helping family with computer issues and getting the most out of my iPhone.

Recently I was able to put my advanced training to use.  Mountain West Bank was having a contest to guess how many M&Ms were in a jar.  Most people took a SWAG and wrote down their guess.  I counted the number of M&Ms in a layer, multiplied by the number of layers, and then compensated for the shape of the jar.

As a result, I won the jar of M&Ms. Better yet, I was only off by 1. I am guessing the person counting them ate it. I ate a few and them gave them to Hannah. Better to have a nine year old devour them.

No comments: