Friday, November 05, 2010

Sometimes you're the windsheild, sometimes you're the bug

OK, I feel like the bug. Long since squished. This tooth extraction just won't give up. The top two wisdom teeth came out fine and have healed right up. The bottom one is unbelievable.
  • Broke coming out, leaving its roots
  • Surgeon had to drill to dig the roots out
  • Wouldn't stop bleeding for many hours
  • Dry socket (quite painful)
  • Inflamed muscle won't let me open my mouth enough
  • Hematoma from bleeding leaves persistent golf ball sized swelling


Damn this is ridiculous. Now I am back on serious quantities of Ibuprofen to kill the inflammation and more antibiotics to prevent a secondary infection. The swelling may take weeks to completely go away.

I really am tired of this!!

No comments: