Thursday, March 22, 2012

No more photography excuses

If you read my blog, you know that I occasionally whine about not having a big enough telephoto lens for the wildlife photography I do.  Fortunately I have a loving, supportive wife who suggested I go ahead and alleviate my source of whining.

Here we see four of my main lenses, from left to right:
  • 35mm
  • 10-24mm zoom
  • 24-70mm zoom
  • 70-200mm zoom
Now add the new big boy.  It's a 500mm f4 super telephoto.  Awesome!
This is the lens with its lens hood on, attached to my seemingly tiny camera.
I actually picked the 500mm f4 over its two brothers, the 400mm f2.8 and the 600mm f4, because the 500 is "smaller and easier to carry".

Lots of good pictures in my future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not the body.... it's the glass. (and the photographer). Congrats on that new lens - that thing is amazing!

Emily J. said...

Great results with the new lens! It's a good thing you have been doing weight training though. That lens must weigh a ton!