Tuesday, September 03, 2013

One last run

As much as I know I shouldn't, I felt the urge to do one last little 5k.  Julie and Sally were already signed up for the Miner's Day 5k, so I decided I needed a sign telling me whether I should run or not.  I went into our back yard wearing my new running shoes (only worn in my half marathon) and picked up all the dog and moose poop.  Because the grass is always pretty tall, I normally end up stepping in something.  I figured if my new shoes came out perfectly clean, it was a sign that they were meant for running.

Sure enough, free of poop, my shoes and I ran yesterday morning.  I finished 2nd in my age group and did 7:39 miles.  This was about 20 seconds faster than my last 5k.  Nice improvement given my stringent training regiment (no running at all).

Once I gather up some photos, I will share some of the rest of Miner's Day.

No comments: