Thursday, September 05, 2013

Syria

Not to get preachy or too political on this blog (except in jest), but I just wanted to plant a seed if people are interested.

I am really ticked at Obama (who I voted for) about this deal with attacking Syria.  We have spent over a trillion dollars in Iraq and Afghanistan and accomplished almost nothing other than killing a lot of American soldiers.  Every time we get into a Middle East conflict, we come out smelling like crap.  This time, we find ourselves alone because other countries either don't believe our evidence, don't feel it is their fight, or just don't care.  A lot of countries are unsure if the rebels are actually any better than the existing government.  Why is the US, who has a lot of its own problems to solve, the world's policeman?

Whether you agree with me or not, this is a great example of a time when your voice should be heard.  In about 15 minutes, I used the wonders of the Internet to write the president, my two senators, and my house rep.  Let your politicians know how you feel.

Ok, I'll calm down now and go throw balls to the dog.

No comments: