Monday, September 29, 2008

Football, I think not.

We went to the NC State vs. South Florida game on Saturday. What a nasty evening. It was a 7:30 game on ESPNU. At least the tailgating went well. We joined Tony and Patty Hudson and some of their friends for a great Pig Pick'n. Then we wandered off to visit with Steve and Julie Kjellberg. Steve was the builder who did all of our house remodeling.

Barbie, Julie and Julie pose in their stylish matching shirts.



My favorite tailgating tool: a gas powered blender. When fired up, it sounds like something between a leaf blower and a chain saw. Worked like a charm!



Then someone with a sick sense of humor started the game. South Florida marched up and down the field as though we had no defense. In almost no time, they had three touchdowns, a field goal and two safeties. We had a field goal. Just to rub salt in the wound, it started to drizzle. Then the drizzle changed to real rain, which in turn changed to a downpour.



NC State got their butts whomped and we got quite wet. Yuck!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Long time no see! Remember me - NC State 1983, "Party Palace", etc.? Christine told me she had been in touch through your blog so she sent me this link.
I too was at this wonderful game - at least until halftime when my 7-year old daughter called it and we left :)
So, I just started a blog too - want to be like all the cool kids! Check it out: http://swelsh111.blogspot.com.
Glad to "see" you again!
Steph Welsh