Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Artsy day in Duxford

I was playing with my old Nikon D70 yesterday. Always good to take time and focus on a particular aspect of photography, hoping that you have the skills when the great opportunity presents itself.

The first shot was 20 second exposure shot in infrared. The D70's sensor is pretty receptive to infrared, so all you need is a very, very dark filter. I did nothing to fix the parallax problem (all the trees seem to be leaning in) because the picture just isn't that good and I'm lazy.

Notice the blurred trees and clouds. This is one of the challenges of very long exposure shots.



Given the blurring on the preceding picture, I thought it would be fun to try some intentional blurring. I always like shots of grass with the seed heads blowing. Again, not a great picture, but you can see the softening of seeds caused by the breeze and a half second exposure. Compare that to the sharpness of the blades of grass.



Oh well, just some camera fun.

No comments: