Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tech support from where?

I sent a question to a company called 1and1 asking if they offered any discounted pricing for non-profits. Here is the lovely response I got back. I actually xxx'ed out the name in sympathy.



Dear Steve Joyce, (Customer ID: 8491073)

Thank you for contacting us.

To have this further check, as much as we would like to tackle on this further only our billing department does handle your billing concern and does have records of your payments. For this we would like to suggest to contact our billing department at 0871-641-2121; option 4 or 01753-490-404 and you could also email them at billing@1and1.co.uk. We here at technical support department however would greatly take care and handle of all technical concerns for the shared hosting packages.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Sincerely,
xxxxxx
Technical Support
1&1 Internet Limited



A March 19th update: 1and1 was nice enough to send me a survey to see if I was happy with my support. I love it when they are interested in seeing just how crappy it is. Of course, companies never seem to do much about it.

No comments: