Sunday, April 25, 2010

A quick run to Raleigh

I made a quick run back to Raleigh for a few days. We had decided to change real estate agents and we had to interview several, pick one and get them up and running. The market has picked up a bit, but leaves a lot to be desired.

Almost all my other time in Raleigh was spent working around the house, making it more presentable for sales. It looks better but there is always more to do.

When driving to see my uncle, I was behind an SUV with one of the little oval stickers with a three letter tag for somewhere. You've probably seen millions of them. This was the first I have seen with my initials. Cool. More likely to be St John than me.



I grabbed Sam (my uncle) from the Mayview nursing home. We trekked up the street to the neighborhood restaurant and had a nice lunch. It's tough for most people to get him out anywhere, so we always try and go for an adventure.



Julie and I had a miserable set of flights back to Salt Lake City. There were thunderstorms in Atlanta. Our flight got there late and we missed our connection. They booked Julie through Cincinnati and me through Chicago, an extra leg for each of us. Our tickets weren’t “connected” so they routed us separately. I was supposed to get in three hours after her. She got on her flight, which then left late (more thunderstorms) and she missed her SLC flight. She took one that left two hours later. I got lucky and caught a standby seat on a later flight direct to SLC.

By the end of the day, we had both managed to get home and we even had both of our checked bags. Traveling can suck.

No comments: