Sunday, August 15, 2010

A better hummingbord feeder

For years I have been feeding the hummingbirds, getting some cool pictures, like this one. However, I have been very frustrated by the feeders themselves. We get a lot of wind up here and when it blows hard, the feeders tilt and drain sugar water all over the deck. A good storm will completely empty the feeders.

This is the style I was using. Common in size and shape with ones you see at Home Depot.



This summer I bought some new ones and I have been very happy with them. They appear to be completely windproof, never shedding a drop.



Simple. Plastic. Room for four. Even a little built-in moat if you have ant problems.



I give them two thumbs up. If you are interested in getting one, it is the Aspects Hummzinger Ultra Feeder.

No comments: