Monday, February 21, 2011

Best movie for the Oscars

The award show is less than a week away and Julie and I are getting close to having seen all the nominees for Best Picture. This week I add one to the bottom of the list and one to the top.

The Kids Are Alright? Really? For best picture? I think this is clear evidence that we need to go back to five nominees. This movie was dull. It picked up a little in the second half, but by then I wanted to start working on our taxes. Yuck. Wait until it comes on TBS and you have nothing else to do.

This afternoon Julie and I went to see Black Swan. Wow! This was a very different, very dark movie. When the credits rolled, everyone in the theater just sat there absorbing the ending. Not a happy Disney movie. Definitely not for kids. Natalie Portman was awesome. If she doesn't win best actress I will be stunned. The script was great. It kept you on your mental toes and threw in some twists even when you thought you had it all figured out. Steve's new favorite!

Oh, and for best actor, I would have to go with Colin Firth for The King's Speech.

  1. Black Swan
  2. Winter's Bone
  3. The King's Speech
  4. Inception
  5. True Grit
  6. The Social Network
  7. The Kids Are Alright

No comments: