Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Tough days to own a Border Collie mix

I woke up this morning and saw that the forecasters had been right. A cold front had come through and dumped a few inches of snow. Instead of the spring temps we had been having, it was only 4 out.

Jasper is oblivious to all this. He just knows that as a Border Collie / Lab mix, he is fairly certain that he is always supposed to be doing something.



I got him out for an early romp, but I was happy to see the brilliant blue skies. That means that by the afternoon, things would have warmed up a bit. Sure enough, by 4:00 in the afternoon it had warmed up to 0. That's right. Even with sunny skies, the temperature just kept ambling on down during the day.

We went out and played a long, very cold session of fetch.

The lows tonight will be between 10 and 20 below. Guess who gets to get up before the sun to go stand around at a ski resort tomorrow playing Mountain Host. I keep thinking that maybe Julie really does have a good idea with the job that you do indoors instead of out. I'm not sure I have enough clothes to stay warm in that weather. Just hoping it won't be windy.

1 comment:

Emily J. said...

What an awful day to be on the mountain! I just looked at the current weather there (at 8:00 a.m. your time) and the temp was
-23 degrees! That's easy frostbite weather!! Do be careful!