Saturday, October 15, 2011

Leadership Park City

I was recently accepted into a one year program called Leadership Park City.  It's purpose is to help find and educate potential community leaders.  Over the year, we will learn a combination of basic leadership skills and lot about how our local government runs.  There's a lot better description of the program here.

This is the 18th year the program has been running, and there are 32 of us in the class.  Our first two meetings have helped us get to know one another and develop as a team.  I have to say that the group is fantastic.  There are a lot of very talented people with extremely diverse backgrounds in Park City. 

I'll blog a bit more about this as we get into the meat of our education, but for now, I am really excited about the opportunity.  Some of you may have heard me joke about being mayor or governor.  This is the first step.

No comments: