Monday, October 03, 2011

Health update

I got my flu shot this afternoon. I hope everyone has gone for theirs already or at least plans to.  Most places do it for free if you are insured. A few minutes or prevention sure beats a week with the flu.  I haven't had the flu in over a decade.

People are becoming more aware of the calories they ingest.  Eating at some restaurants can be terrible for your diet, including Macaroni Grill, TGI Fridays and Applebee's. What is often a huge surprise is how bad beverages can be.  Julie sent me a link comparing the sugar content of some drinks to food that you already know is horrific.  Take a look. My favorite is the DQ MooLatte, which has the sugar equivalent of a DOZEN Bavarian Kreme Doughnuts from Dunkin Donuts.

1 comment:

Emily J. said...

Flu shot--check!

Sugary drinks--thank goodness I don't usually drink that kind of thing. Yikes! Water and tea and coffee are a lot healthier (and cheaper).