Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The next adventure

As a way to try and improve my photography of waterfowl, I decided to purchase an inexpensive, inflatable kayak. There are lots of nice reservoirs around Park City and of course, there is the Great Salt Lake.
I decided to do a trial in the back yard before hauling it off to some body of water and discovering a problem.  So far, so good.
The entertainment should start when I take it out for its maiden voyage. I chose this model for its stability (versus speed and handling) and the claim that it was tough enough for a dog to ride in. My first test will be with Jasper and a cheap, old camera.I hope to document the adventure.

Now if the winds would stop blowing at 30 mph I might get it out.

3 comments:

Emily J. said...

Looks like fun. I look forward to hearing about Chapter 2.

Manette said...

We bought the same kayak, but have not "dog tested" it yet, have you?

Unknown said...

I Jasper tested the kayak and it worked just great. You can see some pictures at http://sjoyce.blogspot.com/2012/07/jasper-kayaker.html