- Very low snowfall during the winter. We only got about 75% of our normal snowfall. I guess that makes up for the 140% we got last year.
- No rain in May. Just a bit of snow over Memorial Day.
- Not a drop of rain in June. There is none in the 10 day forecast.
- Consistently high winds. They just keep blowing. Almost every day has winds up around 20 mph with much higher gusts.
- Bone dry air. The weathermen were commenting that it was good news that the humidity was UP to 15%. The past week has been in single digits.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Recipe for a wild fire
You may have read about all the wildfires we are having in the western U.S. this summer. Every year brings some fires, but this one is primed to be huge. So, what makes for a big fire year?