Thursday, October 24, 2013

A new phone

I have wanted to replace my iPhone 4s for a while but I wasn't sure what to get.  I waited for Apple to announce the new iPhone 5s and then went shopping.  For me it came down to the 5s and the Samsung Galaxy S4.  In the end, the S4 had a bigger screen, which I really like, but that wasn't enough.  I ordered a new iPhone and got it yesterday.

One nice thing about the iPhone's is that they hold their value well.  I was able to trade in my 32GB 4S for $200.  A 32GB 5S runs $299, for a net upgrade cost of $99.  Of course the real place they get you is signing up for another 2 year contract.

Things I like about the 5S:

  • Bigger screen than the 4S
  • 4G wireless support
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • Much faster processor
  • Better camera
  • Thinner and lighter
Hopefully I will be happy with it for the next two years.

No comments: