Thursday, January 01, 2009

A cool day on the slopes

We went out to Deer Valley today with some friends. From left to right are Kathy Covaleski, Jim Covaleski, Julie "the wife" Joyce, Loris Benson, and James and Lydia "friends of Covaleski". OK, that isn't their real last name.



The two things that made this an unusual ski day were both from nature. The seven of us were heading down an access road, me in front. A fox ran up onto the run, went down the run about 100 feet, then turned and ran up the hill. I was catching up with him pretty quickly and thought I was going to have my own fox.

About fifteen minutes later, Loris noticed a good sized moose off the ski run. It was chomping on some tree branches and staring back at us. It was too far off and in the trees, so I didn't bother trying to get a picture with my tiny camera.

Thanks for a great New Year's Day mother nature!

Hope everyone else is having a great start to 2009.

No comments: