Thursday, January 01, 2009

Tired of collecting money from Africa?

I was one of the proud recipients of the letters from the nice gentleman in Africa who needed to send me money to get it out of the country. This week I got a new one that seemed like a minor variation on the theme. Don't these people have spell check? It would seem any easy step to increase your authenticity.


-- Greetings .A letter from me to you .Mrs. Rosemary Collins, 56yrs old from Switzerland.You might be wondering where I got your contacts from but I have really takenmy time in searching thoroughly. You came into my mind has the lord hasdirected me to and am willing to do so. I have noticed that you are Godfearing, courageous, fulfilling and ambitious in life. I want you to know thatyou have been the chosen one and please, try and do my will because each of mywords or statements must not go unfulfilled reaching the unprivileged,orphanages and the needy as you are blessed.Dear Beloved One, I am the above named person but now undergoing medicaltreatment in Zurich, Switzerland.

I am married to Mr. Tom collins who worked as a world contractor for over a decade before he died on 5th of July in the year2004. We were married for fifteen years without a child. He died after a briefillness that lasted for two weeks. Before his death he made a vow to use hiswealth for the down trodden and the less privileged in the society. Since hisdeath I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home.When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Five million UnitedStates dollars ($5,000,000.00 millions us dollars) with a Vault with abank .Presently, this money is still there. Recently, my Doctor told me that Iwould not last for the next six months due to cancer problem. Though whatdisturbs me most is my stroke. Having known my condition I decided to donatethis fund to an individual or better still a God fearing person who willutilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want anindividualthat will use this to fund and provide succor to poor and indigent person I understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I do not have any child and relatives. Ido not want my husband?s hard earned money to be misused or spent inthe mannerin which my late husband did not specify. I do not want a situation where thismoney will be used in an ungodly manner, hence the reason for taking this bolddecision.I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know thatI am goingto be in the bosom of the Almighty. I do not need any telephone communicationin this regard because of my health .

With God all things arepossible. As soonas I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank. I will alsoissue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the originalbeneficiary of this fund, through my Lawyer or by myself. I want you to alwayspray for me. My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation.Whosoeverthat wants to serve the Almighty must serve him with all his heart andmind andsoul and also in truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.Please assure me that you will act according to my specification herein.Lastly i want you to also reply me with some vital information ofyours such as: Full Name :country
:sex:
phone number:occupation etc.........
Hoping to hear from you.
Thank you and May the Almighty bless you.Yours sincerely, Mrs. Rosemary Collins

1 comment:

Emily J. said...

I tend to cull this kind of scam without opening them. They really are obviously a fraud, aren't they?