Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Huge spike in blog hits

I have a little piece of software from Google that tracks the number of people that read my blog. A normal day is 15-25. If the count gets real high, Google sends me an "alert". I recently started receiving them and finally went out to check. Hundreds of people were hitting the blog every day. Why?

I found that a lot of the traffic was coming from Google with searches for "Steve Joyce". I found a few people searching for "Stephen P. Joyce". Whe I did that same search, I discovered that Stephen P. Joyce is the head of Choice Hotels. He had just appeared on the TV show Undercover Boss, where the head of a company secretly takes jobs doing very basic work around his own company.

You never know what is going to drive traffic to your blog.

No comments: