Thursday, March 06, 2014

Another first

In Park City, winter is for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and anything else related to the white stuff that covers the ground for the better part of 7 months.  When spring time rolls around, I pack up and head to NC for a golf trip with my college and work buddies.  Yesterday, I broke a ten-year habit.  I went golfing here in Utah in winter.


I saw a friend Stephen Pierce, at a party this weekend.  He mentioned he had been golfing and I said "hey, let me know if you are looking for a fourth."  A few days later, he did. Stephen, Rick Tuttle, Bill ?, and I headed down into the Salt Lake valley and enjoyed a gorgeous day.  As you can see from Rick's photo above, the scenery is pretty spectacular.

It was no surprise that after 6 months of not playing and sucking even then, I am still a bad golfer.  I did get to witness what golf is supposed to look like.  Bill was playing four under par about 14 holes into the game.  Simply, wow! He finally picked up a few bogies, but it was probably the best golf I have seen. Well, other the the US Open, but they didn't let me play in their foursomes.

No comments: