Monday, June 08, 2009

One more night out

I did one more night out with the guys before heading to Park City. Mark Reid, Jim Saunders and I went down to Glenwood South. Dinner at Sullivan's followed by drinks at The Hibernian and then Solas. It is amazing how that part of town has changed over the last decade. The old warehouses, factories and offices are now a collection of nice bars and restaurants. It was a Saturday night, but I am still astounded at how packed all the places were at 2:00.

Mark was smart enough to arrange for us to use a cab instead of driving. Unfortunately I accomplished three things I hadn't done in a while.
  • Home from partying at 3:00 (I'm getting old)
  • Sleeping in until 8:30 (it has been years since I slept that late)
  • A hangover that lasts for the better part of the day. This could be the result of the chemical mix of beer, wine, and liquor. Probably best to pick one and stay with it.
Nice to see that downtown Raleigh is building up a healthy nightlife. Better to see a nice concentration of destinations. It makes it easy to wander from place to place without having to hop in a cab.

No comments: