Friday, August 28, 2009

Our new hospital

I went over to do the open house tour of our new Park City regional hospital. It's about 7 miles from the house (only 5 if you run over the mountain). The guys who did Tiger Wood's knee surgery are the Orthopedic group. Not too shabby! Everything is so new and shiny. I even got to look at the fancy Life Flight helicopter on the helipad.

This should do most of the basic surgeries, physical therapy and such. For an ICU or anything like cancer, you still get to make the journey down to Salt Lake.



I like the idea of the open house but what in the world is this? The driveway up to the hospital was lined with flags from what must be every country on the planet. I felt like I was driving to an open house for a new United Nations building.



I think I finally figured it out. These flags must just be leftovers from the 2002 Olympics. Why bother with other banners when you can just throw these up for decoration?

The hospital opens in mid-September. I don't plan to have to use it this year.

No comments: