Monday, February 27, 2012

Huntsman Cup at PCMR

Next time you find yourself on the ski slopes whining about how the snow is too icy or that your toes are cold, you really should stop by and watch some athletes that put your whining into perspective.

I stopped by the first day of the Huntsman Cup.  This is an alpine ski race (GS and slalom) with the International Paralympic Committee.  There are three categories for both men and women:  visually impaired, standing, and sitting, and there were competitors from at least a dozen countries.
I enjoy skiing fast and I know the burning muscles and adrenaline pump you can get from a long, fast run down the mountain.  Just the same, I feel like a total underachiever.  Watching these athletes compete is incredibly inspiring.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but if you haven't ever watched a Paralympic competition, you should!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Incredible pictures. And I can't find a word to capture the actual feat.

joan