Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cross country ski day

During the winter, our local golf course and club house become the center for cross country skiing. Today they did a "locals appreciation day". For $15, we got rentals, a track pass, a one hour lesson and lunch.

I went over with the three lovely ladies below: Loris Benson, Julie Joyce, and Miriam Mason. Everyone did really well and we all left with the intent of getting out more often.



Me, standing next to a pond that has eaten several of my golf balls.



When we were getting our lessons, they didn't mention anything about dodging geese.



This seems like a great alternative to running during the winter. Today I did classic skiing. I want to go over and try skate skiing. Then I hope to pick one and try to get good at it.

No comments: