Saturday, December 19, 2009

Neighborhood lights

Our neighborhood is beginning to mature. One side effect is more people are decorating their houses with lights at Christmas time.

This is our deck railing filled with icicle lights.



We have a fair number of trees in the front yard, but I only decorated two. This year I switched to the new LED lights. They eat less power and last longer.



Some neighbors made their decks look festive.



Some went all out and had professionals wrap their house in lights.



Then there is this poor little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Very sad.



When I finished taking pictures of the lights, I decided to try a shot of the stars. After a few experiments, I found some pretty cool effects with a 2-3 minute exposure and some trees.



I hope to get out and take some more like this. Seems like there are some really nice photos to be captured. Just a matter of learning how to get them.

No comments: