Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tourists in Chile held hostage

I read a photography web site run by Thom Hogan. He leads trips and does photography around the world, but still manages to update his blog. The past two or three weeks, it has been completely silent. He finally updated it with his story, which I am happy not to have been a part of. Several thousand tourists basically became hostages down in southern Chile.

It an interesting read and guarantees that I will be thinking twice about any trips to South America, and Chile in particular. His story.

1 comment:

Emily J. said...

Okay, that officially puts South America off my list! Scary, but at least this time everyone got out. Who knows what will happen next time? Columbia and Mexico have been off my list for ages. It's too bad the rest of the continent chose to join them.